Translate

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Book Review: Tired of I.T

Pages:  231  
Author: Dave Conroy

Today, using computer becomes trendier in developing countries; Tired of I.T is a book that gives attention to the effects of using or working with a computer. Unlike most of us who have been introduced to a computer in our early 20s, Dave Conroy, the Author shares his experience as a computer user since an early age, he highlights the revolution of computer and shows you the challenges that today’s parents should be prepared to face with the dot com era children .

What happens when a child spends more time with his or her computer than his friends or family? What are some of the effects of being a Computer addict?  And how can your child find him or herself a fugitive of the law because he or she has been spending more time on a computer?
Tired of I.T explores Dave Conroy’s childhood, his teenage life to his adulthood. Growing up with his only companion “ the  Computer” Benefiting from all its resources like getting global connections, Joining other computer networks from all over the world ,  and  not missing being on the other side of the Law until he had a break down and  finally left his good paying job, his family and friends in pursuit for Happiness. With no experience of cycling, he takes up a bike, says goodbye to all the things he knew.
He shares his journey through North America, the different cultural randomness of people, the security consciousness that has spread by Television, exposing the universal language : of track drivers, the in confusion of locals at giving directions and most of all the generosity of strangers.

Dave Conroy, shares a unique advantage to travelling around ones country and the world…: - getting a chance to prove your history teacher wrong because what is out there… is always different from what’s taught in class
Never have I read a book – of a different setting that I can relate with  from the authors once love for computers  to taking up a new sport  though I haven’t yet left my work station , but Dave Conroy has taught me to tap into outdoor activities and be Happy …


“In 2009 I quit my job working with computers, sold everything I owned, and bought a bicycle setting forth for a ’round the world journey. I found that the conventional way of living that involved swimming in debt, overworking, bad eating choices, and lack of sleep was going to eventually throw me over the deep end and I made a choice to break free from the mold and see what happened if I focused on getting from one point to another. I wrote the book Tired of I.T! – How I learned to stop worrying and love the bicycle over the course of 1.5 years while continuing to travel around the world. Throughout the way I’ve learned valuable life lessons, met interesting people and commenced to understand the balance that’s required in daily life, while sharing it with the reader”
For Dave Conroy, His journey has just started, Riding from North America, to Africa …Currently in Uganda , with no deadline to keep, he agrees that he started with a 3 year plan but has kept it to 10 years to bike around the world

You can get yourself a copy of Tired of I.T from his website at http://www.tiredofit.ca/book/

No comments:

Post a Comment